Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Festival of Lights

There is a famous street in San Carlos called Eucalyptus that goes hog wild on Christmas lights every year. They block off the street every year and people come from all over to see this festival of lights. When we first moved back, we actually looked at buying a house that was for sale on this street. Before we even saw the house, our realtor warned us that this was "the street famous for its Christmas lights" and all home owners were "required to decorate their houses." I've even heard a rumor that you must sign papers upon closing saying that you will do so. That house ended up going for $150,000 OVER asking (yes, that's right people) so needless to say, we never even put a bid down.

Ironically, I was in a meeting today with one of my clients and a guy that I've been working with for about 6 months now lives right across the street from the house we looked at! He reminded me that we needed to take Jacob to Eucalyptus before Christmas was over because all the lights are down by 12/26. He told me that one guy brings in snow every year the week before Christmas and builds a ramp that kids can sled down. These people aren't kidding around.

So, we took Jacob to Eucalyptus tonight and I gotta tell you, this street didn't disappoint. Jacob was on CLOUD NINE. He loved all of the moving reindeer, singing santas, and especially the snow ramp (which, by this point, has become a ramp of ice.) I don't think the pictures do it justice so you'll just have to take our word for it. If you are ever in the Peninsula during Christmastime, take a trip down to Eucalyptus. You'll feel like a kid again -- it might even make you believe in Santa.


























1 comment:

Psychicmommy2maya said...

GIRL, why didn't you share this awesome secret (I didn't know about this street). Since this year is a mellow one for us, we were bored & ate Chinese (woo-pee...lol...sarcasm of course), and would have loved to tagged along (ha ha I'm inviting myself). Next year, we have to go together, it sounds like so much fun. I'm so glad Xmas has proven to be magical for Jacob. Merry Christmas Broxtermans!